
Today I made a moroccan lamb tagine. Every time I make this dish I do it differently because I never use measurements, and always use different ingredients. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes good, and sometimes it's very good. I should make the effort each time to write down how I make it, so that I can get it right every time.
Todays effort involved frying lamb chunks in really hot oil till till very brown then transferring to a pot. Then I browned off some chunks of carrot, potato, parsnip and shallots, then turned the heat down and added some fresh ginger and garlic, and a big helping of nomades lamb tagine spice. By now the bottom of the frying pan was getting dark and sticky so I poured about a glass of leftover cava in to clean it off, then poured that lot in with the lamb. Next was some cumin, and tin of chopped tomatoes and half of one of those mini honey pots you get at hotel breakfasts. Everything is now bubbling away gently. I might add some chick peas and dried fruit later, but probably not. I make couscous by making a stock with butter, boiling water and swiss vegetable bouillon, then just pour it over the couscous and leave it to soak.
1 comment:
Yum! Cava - very creative! By the way, Blogpatrol has gone belly-up. We've switched to Google Maps, Blogflux. x
Post a Comment