
I am trying to sell a G5 Powermac Dual 2Ghz on Ebay. For some reason, there have been absolutely no bids whatsoever, whereas similar items have plenty of bids. What's going on? I have just figured it out... because I don't have the box and it's bloody heavy, I am requesting that the successful bidder collect the mac from me here in Peckham. Yes, thats right Peckham, the place that has open gang warfare on its streets, drive by shootings, stabbings, murder in the ghettos.
So, I have just modified my listing to explain that I live in the posh bit of Peckham ( yes there is a posh bit ) and that the only scary things around here are the house prices. And Delboy and Rodney don't live here anymore either. In fact, over the years I have lived in many parts of London, and I can tell you that since moving to Peckham, I have never been happier. If I walk down to my local pub, or to the shops, I am pretty much guaranteed to meet someone I know. It's a community, with nice people, bars, cafe's, restaurants. There's a rumour that the pub opposite me is turning into a gastro pub. And there's a Tesco Metro up the road. And tree lined streets of big Victorian terraced houses, and wildlife parks, and artists and galleries and stuff. And the best greasy cafe for miles. Maybe it's time to rename the place .. Peckham Village anyone ?
2 comments:
I love Peckham too! What's that nice picture of?
found it on flickr.com - just searched for peckham i think...
Post a Comment