Sunday, February 18, 2007

Late Night Viewing



A very long time ago, in a distant land known as "Art College", there was a weekly film club, where we would all gather and watch strange movies whilst drinking cans of lager. For some reason, most of the films had subtitles, which made for difficult viewing whilst under the influence. I can still remember a handful of them though, "Eraserhead", "Freaks", "Satiricon", "Aino Corrida" were all excellent in their own way, but my favourite by far was Fellini's "Roma". For a few years in the eighties I had a video of it, but that disappeared or got recorded over somehow, and I haven't seen the film since. But then, a few days ago, those nice chaps at Film Four put it on and I managed to record it again.

So the other night at about 4 am, Oscar woke up and vomited in his bed (there's a bug going round) and we ended up, just the two of us, watching Roma whilst munching crisps. Not much point in trying to describe it, there's a review here - If you've never seen it then perhaps you should, you will either love it or hate it. Oscar didn't seem much bothered either way.

1 comment:

Silvana said...

I've not seen that film and I'm disappointed I missed it. I do remember watching Eraser Head late one night with my elder brother when I was about 12. He got it on betamax from the videoshop. I still rememeber a lot of it - I'm sure there was a mutant baby in it... put me off for years!